Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Drink

When you are in your 30's there are certain liberties that you should be able to take without worrying about what your parents think of you. I pick up this guy and like many of my passengers he wants to go the liquor store before he goes in the house. I take him and he gets several hard liquors. He has a nice suit on and is telling all about his job good job on Capital Hill.

He talks a bit about his woman problems and we bullshit a bit more. He gets his drink and his cellphone rings. I can only hear from his end...all I hear is "well I didn't see, so I caught a cab", he keeps tryin to get a word in but is cut off each time by the person on the other end. He says "can you just take me to the Checkers right here she will be along to pick me up, I will pay you for your time?" I say "okay." I am thinking his girlfriend is being bitchy, cause he is like "she gets on my muthafucking nerves, I can not have any private time".

We pull in and I pull over while we wait he pulls out his bottles and sodas and starts mixing drinks, he asks me do I want one, I tell him nah, I am driving. He says I know you want one I am going to mix you a drink anyway. So a car pulls in and he screams to the top of his lungs, OH MY GOD SHE IS HERE...SHIT! All this commotion ensues in the back of the car I am like what the hell, so he pays me and starts to whisper hide this. In my mind I am like this Son of a Bitch has drugs on... the man is comin to get me! Why did he give me the bottles he just bought, and say I am not suppose to be drinking and jump out and say sorry momma I am comin.. running with his arms flailing like a small child.

What did I just witness?

1 comment: