Friday, June 4, 2010

The Invitation

Okay, I must have blocked this guy out, I didn't remember him until the pick-up request came out over the radio last night. Most of the cab drivers won't go over in Seat Pleasant, but I grew up there so I do pick up over in that area, it is not that bad. Anyway I picked this guy up several times from the dirty Jerry's (a carryout), he is an old young man, one of those men who are too old to be dressing like these young folks today, still trying to hold on, (like LL Cool J, but he does still have it).

Anyway he was always nice talked BS, but would always ask for my number even though I was married he wanted to be friends (uh huh), makes me uncomfortable because I don't want to hear this every time I give him a ride. When I pick him up he usually has some drink in him so I think he has a little buzz, so this particular night, I drop him off and he tells me that he really likes me and wants me to call him, so he pays and gets out the car. So he asks me to hold up a minute, and walks around the car and leans in and says, "I won't hurt you", so I ask he to back the fuck then, I don't like anyone to get too close of course. So he says I need you to come up to my apartment for just a minute, I say "no" so he gets a little louder and says "it will be just a minute", I hear the crazy coming out, but the way the apartment complex is setup, there is only one way in and one way out and this car is sitting their blocking my exit getting their kids and stuff out of the car.

So now he is talking and I am tuning him out because I have to find my mace and see if I have to run these people and their kids over to get out of this complex. So he says "Do you hear me?" he can see I am not paying attention to him, so he starts jumping up and down and screaming "I NEED YOU TO COME UP TO THE APARTMENT FOR A MINUTE JUST A MINUTE", I am like oh man this is about to get ugly, because I am about to hit this car in front of me, but it backs out quickly and I hit the gas and get the hell out of there. He is still jumping up and down yelling when I looked in my rear view mirror (mind you this man is about 55-60).

I wonder how many cab drivers Dahmer has up there?

No comments:

Post a Comment