Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Snitch

I told you before how the drivers are getting more comfortable with me, so they are starting to talk to me more often. This one is a black man who grew up in DC and he has the young man syndrome, and he knows everything, he really isn't listening to your questions or your answers, he just likes to talk. He has a long line of cabbies in his family and this is what he has been doing forever. We will call him "Young Man" for this entry.

So this night he started to tell me about our old dispatch that recently got fired. For this entry I will call her Cindy. The first day I started Cindy didn't hesitate to ask for $8.00 dollars (come on 8 dollars.. screams junky) and to drive her to get her blood pressure pill (if there was a camera I would have looked directly into it, with a "come on" look). She got me a few times, but I put an end to that, if I drive you, you need to pay me. She made sure she took care of you by like sending you calls directly to your cellphone (which you are not suppose to do), but she was no good at it. She thought she was hooking you up by sending you someone who was going to the damn airport; the thing about that is you miss about 10 calls which can save you more gas cause they are close and make you more money than that one call.

Any way he was telling me that she wasn't just a junky, she was pimpin who'in, doing and selling drugs, right out of the office, this is before they got cameras in the office. He said that is the main reason why they got them to catch her, they new something was up, but not sure what it was. Young Man said he went up there one time for something and she had someone hiding under the desk. I said "under the desk for what were they eating her pussy", he "paused and frowned and said no one wants any Cindy pussy", I laughed really hard. He said the thing about it was Cindy would try and get you caught up into her mess, she was doing all these side deals where she was trying to get the drivers to run drugs for the dealers, when one of them got murdered cause he didnt' want to do it anymore, that is when he got mad.

He said he got so mad he started snitchin (I giggled, cause you had to hear the inflection). He started telling on all the shit she was doing. Now I am learning this whole industry is just shady and seedy, but I have to admit, some of this shit is funny, so his telling of course nothing was going to happen. He confronted Cindy when one of his passengers asked him to run a package up to Cindy, he was saying "it is one thing when she does her shit but she tries to get others involved, I just want my nice clean money" (yea cabbing is clean, feel all dirty and beat up at the end of the night), so he tells the guy to take it himself and he cusses Cindy out.

He says the next day I was followed from Landover all the way to College Park metro where this guy jumped out started threatening him, needless to say he made up with Cindy." We both laughed at that. Cindy was able to do all the stuff she was doing even with the cameras in the office. She just got fired recently maybe 2 months ago. All the stuff she was doing she got caught on camera giving out a call on her cellphone, instead of putting it out over the air.

She has to be mad... all the things she was doing and she was brought down for that one mistake, that's like Al Capone going down for tax evasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment