Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Nosey Passenger


I got dispatched to make a pick-up at the Laundromat. So I pull up and a Hispanic guy is standing in the doorway, he opens the door and stares at me. I ask "did you call a cab?", so he walks over and said yea a while ago, then he bends down and asks (in broken English) "was that your father or your husband?" I ask "who the dispatch?" (I am confused, cause that was a strange question) he responds " ah yea, I guess". I said "do you need a ride or not?" He tells me to hold on, and goes in to get his stuff. When he goes in I radio the dispatch and say "the customer wants to know whether you are my husband or father. He responds, "tell him both we keep it in the family, so I laugh."

The guy and his wife/girlfriend come out with their clothes and get in the cab. So as soon as he gets in he asks again, (By the way his breath was funky as hell), "was that your husband or father", I said "yes" she had a puzzled look. I then said "where are you going", he gave me directions to the location so I start to drive. He asks again in a different way, I guess he thought I didn't understand because his English wasn't great. He says "Your husband?" I said "yes" he said "your father" I said "yes", he looked puzzled again, she he said "your father OR your husband?" I said "both, we keep it in the family", his mouth fell open and he looked straight ahead for a second and then sat back and said OHHH HEY ZEUS (Oh Jesus)!

I guess I broke, him but he deserved that, he couldn't let it go. Don't worry, Karma gives me no breaks my next passenger broke me, just walkin to the car....but I had my moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment