Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The First Time

Woke up one day... tired of being in debt, so tired, so I thought driving a cab is a quick way to pay off my debt and get some other things I want to get into rolling. Mind you I have no sense of direction and don't know how to get any place but....

Have you ever tried something that you knew was dangerous but had to do for the money (sorry hoes not talkin bout trickin-- but this is like trickin). You feel all scared and apprehensive but end up saying... "Fuck It" you just have to try. That is exactly how I felt the first time I went out in the cab.

This is going to sound cliche but it was a cold dark night the wind was crisp.... Blah blah blah (Really it was). I decided that I would pick my first passenger up from the subway station.

Now the first thing everyone says when they get in my car and I mean every single passenger is "damn I have never seen a women driver before and you speak English". So finally my first first passenger got in my car, I was scared as shit, he didn't look scary I was just scared didn't know where I was going, he was nice and told me how to get to where he needed to go. But man was he a doosy. Let me tell you, people tell the cab drivers all and I mean ALL. Now he was going maybe five minutes away from his house, by the time he got there I knew how many kids he had the school he was going to, his job, his relationship with his wife, her relationship with the boyfriend. We pulled up and he would not get out of the cab, I didn't care the meter was running and I guess he needed a friend.

Then he decided to confide in me a strange secret, that he too cheated on his wife, big secret right, a man cheating on his wife. The thing that made my mouth fall open was it was with a Blind Woman....huh

No comments:

Post a Comment